God wants to use YOU to make a difference
At Ithaca First, we have a heart to serve our world with the Gospel of Jesus Chirst. One of the ways we do that is through various different ministries within our church body.
We believe that real life ministry happens in small groups of Christian communities. In our Journey Groups, you can find friendship, impact your church family and local communities, be mentored in your faith, understand and discuss the truth of the Word of God, and identify and use your spiritual gifts. We offer three semesters of Connect Groups: Fall, Winter and Spring. For the latest group location and times, please check out our Facebook page.
Honor Bound Men’s Ministry
Our men’s small group bible study meets each Wednesday evening at 6:30 pm at the church. The evening includes a time of sharing, praying, looking at the Scriptures together and building relationships. Our men’s ministry includes breakfasts and various other activities that help build relationships with each other and strengthen our faith and walk in Christ.
Men’s Bible Study
Ithaca First loves our community’s college students and have a heart to provide them with opportunities to be a part of a local church while they are away from their family.
We want to give you a ride here!
First Assembly has contracted with Ithaca Airline Limo (IAL) to stop at several locations on the Cornell campus to transport any students who need a ride to church. NO, you will not be picked up by a limo, but rather a large comfortable touring bus. The pickup points and times are listed below. Meet the IAL bus there. They will be looking for you!
Bus Pickup Schedule
9:13 AM – Hasbrouck Community Center
9:15 AM – North Campus, Mary Donlon Circle
9:20 AM – Risley Bus Stop
9:25 AM – West Campus Baker Flag Pole
9:35 AM – College Town Performing Arts Center
9:40 AM – 527 East State Street
9:50 AM – Arrive at First Assembly
11:30 AM – Pickup at Ithaca First Assembly to return to Campus
How Can College Students Serve at Ithaca First?
- Become a Social Ambassador and share your passion for the Lord by helping us at Ithaca First Assembly of God, like, share, watch, and tweet our posts with others.
- Attend Men’s Bible Study Group, Wednesday nights 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm.
- Attend Women’s Bible Study Group, Wednesday nights 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm.
- Help with Nursery/Toddler Ministry (0-4yrs).
- Help with Children’s Ministry (ages 5-12).
- Help with Wildfire – Youth Ministry (grades 7-12).
- Help with events at the church, children’s plays, and other theatre productions.
- Help with Light the Night in Conway Park, which is a community Harvest Party held at the end of October every year. We go out to Conway Park and Light the park with games, food, and fun for the whole Ithaca community.
- Help during our Servolution – Community Service Projects for the Ithaca Community.
- Help with events we do Family Fun Day and other special events.
- Learn more about Leadership and Community Engagement Events.
- Get more information on Monthly Sunday Prayer Meetings.
- Be a Greeter for our Hospitality and Greeters Ministry.
- Connect with love and help our Nursing Home Ministry.
- Join the Prayer Team Ministry.
- Get more information on Prison Ministry.
- Do you have an ear for sound mixing? Then Sound Technician Ministry is calling you. Will you answer the calling?
- If you play an instrument or sing then join the Praise Team.
- Media/Internet Ministry could always use your help as you learn valuable media and social engagement skills.
WILDFIRE is an active, community-oriented and service-minded ministry. We believe in providing opportunities for students to invite their friends, serve others as well as the community.
5:30 PM – 7:00 PM
King’s Kids Club
Our Sunday morning King’s Kids Club is designed for children in grades 1 through 5. Our goal is to communicate the true message of Jesus to children in a way that is relevant and can be applied both at home and in school. King’s Kids Club starts when the children are dismissed each Sunday immediately following the worship service.
Your little one will be well cared for and loved in our newly reconstructed and up-to-date nursery rooms. Your child will be given a snack and cared for by our qualified volunteer staff. The nurseries are available fifteen minutes before each service. If your child needs or wants you during the service, we will flash a unique number in the sanctuary to make you aware that your presence is needed.
About the Worship Ministry
- Worship First is the praise and worship band at Ithaca First Assembly
- Our goal is To provide an atmosphere where the congregation can express sincere worship to God.
- We are comprised of volunteers of all ages who are a part of Ithaca First.