God wants to use YOU to make a difference
At Ithaca First, we have a heart to serve our world with the Gospel of Jesus Chirst. One of the ways we do that is through various different ministries within our church body.
We believe that real life ministry happens in small groups of Christian communities. In our Journey Groups, you can find friendship, impact your church family and local communities, be mentored in your faith, understand and discuss the truth of the Word of God, and identify and use your spiritual gifts. We offer three semesters of Connect Groups: Fall, Winter and Spring. For the latest group location and times, please check out our Facebook page.
Honor Bound Men’s Ministry
Our men’s small group bible study meets each Wednesday evening at 6:30 pm at the church. The evening includes a time of sharing, praying, looking at the Scriptures together and building relationships. Our men’s ministry includes breakfasts and various other activities that help build relationships with each other and strengthen our faith and walk in Christ.
Men’s Bible Study
Ithaca First loves our community’s college students and have a heart to provide them with opportunities to be a part of a local church while they are away from their family.
We want to give you a ride here!
Ithaca First has a bus service with a schedule that pick up at several locations on the Cornell campus to transport any students who need a ride to church. The pickup points and times are listed below.
Bus Pickup Schedule
9:03 AM – Hasbrouck Community Center
9:05 AM – North Campus, Mary Donlon Circle
9:10 AM – Risley Bus Stop
9:15 AM – West Campus Baker Flag Pole
9:25 AM – College Town Performing Arts Center
9:30 AM – 527 East State Street
9:40 AM – Arrive at First Assembly
11:40 AM – Pickup at Ithaca First Assembly to return to Campus
How Can College Students Be a Part of Ithaca First?
- Become a Social Ambassador and share your passion for the Lord by helping us at Ithaca First, like, share, watch, and tweet our posts with others. We are on all the social sites.
- Attend Men’s Bible Study Group, Wednesday nights 6:30 pm – 7:45 pm.
- Attend Women’s Bible Study Group, Wednesday nights 6:30 pm – 7:45 pm.
- We would love those that have a heart for Nursery/Toddler Ministry (0-4yrs).
- Serving with the Children’s Ministry with Miss Patti (ages 5-12).
- Serving the Youth Ministries (grades 7-12).
- Serving special Events, Community Connect
- Help with Light the Night at Conway Park, which is a community Harvest Party held at the end of October every year. We go out to Conway Park and Light the park with games, food, and fun for the whole Ithaca community.
- Help with events we do Sunday FunDay and other special events.
- Learn more about Leadership and Community Engagement Events.
- Be a Greeter for our Hospitality and Greeters Ministry.
- Join the Prayer Team Ministry.
- Get more information on Prison Ministry.
- Do you have an ear for sound mixing? Then Sound Technician Ministry is calling you. Will you answer the calling?
- If you are a worshipper and have a gift in playing an instrument or singing then Connect with the Worship Team.
- Media/SocialMedia Ministry could always use your help as you learn valuable media and social engagement skills.
Youth Ministry is an active, community-oriented and service-minded ministry. We believe in providing opportunities for students to invite their friends, serve others as well as the community.
Youth Group Meets weekly
Sunday’s 5:30pm-7:00pm at Church. Please contact Pastor Cliff: PCO197@yahoo.com
King’s Kids Club
Our Sunday morning King’s Kids Club is designed for children in grades 1 through 5. Our goal is to communicate the true message of Jesus to children in a way that is relevant and can be applied both at home and in school. King’s Kids Club starts when the children are dismissed each Sunday immediately following the worship service.
Your little one will be well cared for and loved in our newly reconstructed and up-to-date nursery rooms. Your child will be given a snack and cared for by our qualified volunteer staff. The nurseries are available fifteen minutes before each service. If your child needs or wants you during the service, we will flash a unique number in the sanctuary to make you aware that your presence is needed.
Coordinator: Penny Romantic: Penny.Romantic@gmail.com