God wants to use YOU to make a difference
At Ithaca First, we have a heart to serve our world with the Gospel of Jesus Chirst. One of the ways we do that is through various different ministries within our church body.
We believe that real life ministry happens in small groups of Christian communities. In our Journey Groups, you can find friendship, impact your church family and local communities, be mentored in your faith, understand and discuss the truth of the Word of God, and identify and use your spiritual gifts. We offer three semesters of Connect Groups: Fall, Winter and Spring. For the latest group location and times, please check out our Facebook page.
Honor Bound Men’s Ministry
Our men’s small group bible study meets each Wednesday evening at 6:30 pm at the church. The evening includes a time of sharing, praying, looking at the Scriptures together and building relationships. Our men’s ministry includes breakfasts and various other activities that help build relationships with each other and strengthen our faith and walk in Christ.
Men’s Bible Study
Ithaca First loves our community’s college students and have a heart to provide them with opportunities to be a part of a local church while they are away from their family.
One of the things we love to do is resource our students with local and community events and opportunities like the one below for Graduate Students at Cornell:
“Cornell GCF is an interdenominational fellowship of graduate students and young professionals from the Ithaca area seeking to grow in faith and friendship and to explore what it means to live as people of faith in our departments and workplaces. We meet weekly for Bible study and prayer on Monday nights at 7:30PM (currently held over Zoom), host talks by pastors and Christian academics, and generally have fun together. All are welcome, whether you are a Christian or just curious about Christianity. Our annual welcome week special event is happening on Friday, September 4th at 2pm EDT through Zoom! There will be games and panel discussions, and we welcome old and new friends to join. We also prepared a gift package to be delivered to you wherever you are! For more information, contact Vivian Zhang at firstname.lastname@example.org”
After the welcome event on September 4, could you include the following message in your announcements through the end of September?
“Cornell GCF is an interdenominational fellowship of graduate students and young professionals from the Ithaca area seeking to grow in faith and friendship and to explore what it means to live as people of faith in our departments and workplaces. We meet weekly for Bible study and prayer on Monday nights at 7:30PM (currently held over Zoom), host talks by pastors and Christian academics, and generally have fun together. All are welcome, whether you are a Christian or just curious about Christianity. For more information, contact Vivian Zhang at email@example.com”
We would love to see you here!
The bus/transport service has been temporarily suspended. However if you call a LYFT or UBER we will be glad to reimburse you ride to and from the church, Just send us a photo of the receipt and your name and mobile # to PayPal, Venmo, or physical address and we will send you the payment to Ithacafirst@yahoo.com. These are trying times but if you put in the effort we know God will meet you and do more than you could ever ask or think (Ephesians 3:20).
Bus Pickup Schedule- TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED: PLEASE UBER HERE and we will pay you back!
9:33 AM – Hasbrouck Community Center
9:35 AM – North Campus, Mary Donlon Circle
9:40 AM – Risley Bus Stop
9:45 AM – West Campus Baker Flag Pole
9:55 AM – College Town Performing Arts Center
10:00 AM – 527 East State Street
10:10 AM – Arrive at Ithaca First
11:50 AM – Pickup at Ithaca First and to return to Campus
How Can College Students Be a Part of Ithaca First?
- Become a Social Ambassador and share your passion for the Lord by helping us at Ithaca First, like, share, watch, and tweet our posts with others. We are on all the social sites.
- Attend Men’s Bible Study Group, Wednesday nights 6:30 pm – 7:45 pm.
- Attend Women’s Bible Study Group, Wednesday nights 6:30 pm – 7:45 pm.
- We would love those that have a heart for Nursery/Toddler Ministry (0-4yrs).
- Serving with the Children’s Ministry with Miss Patti (ages 5-12).
- Serving the Youth Ministries (grades 7-12).
- Serving special Events, Community Connect
- Help with Light the Night at Conway Park, which is a community Harvest Party held at the end of October every year. We go out to Conway Park and Light the park with games, food, and fun for the whole Ithaca community.
- Help with events we do Sunday FunDay and other special events.
- Learn more about Leadership and Community Engagement Events.
- Be a Greeter for our Hospitality and Greeters Ministry.
- Join the Prayer Team Ministry.
- Get more information on Prison Ministry.
- Do you have an ear for sound mixing? Then Sound Technician Ministry is calling you. Will you answer the calling?
- If you are a worshipper and have a gift in playing an instrument or singing then Connect with the Worship Team.
- Media/SocialMedia Ministry could always use your help as you learn valuable media and social engagement skills.
Youth Ministry is an active, community-oriented and service-minded ministry. We believe in providing opportunities for students to invite their friends, serve others as well as the community.
Youth Group Meeting Online
King’s Kids Club
Our Sunday morning King’s Kids Club is designed for children in grades K – grade 3. Our goal is to communicate the true message of Jesus to children in a way that is relevant and can be applied both at home and in school. King’s Kids Club starts when the children are dismissed each Sunday immediately following the worship service.
Your little one will be well cared for and loved in our newly reconstructed and up-to-date nursery rooms. Your child will be given a snack and cared for by our qualified volunteer staff. The nurseries are available fifteen minutes before each service. If your child needs or wants you during the service, we will flash a unique number in the sanctuary to make you aware that your presence is needed.