Rise Shine Women’s Conference
Date: Saturday June 9th
Time: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Location: Ithaca First Church
Cost: $25 early bird deadline: June 3rd. Then $35 At the Door
This years Women’s Conference is RISE, SHINE.
We live in a time, in our world, where the spiritual climate seems to have darkened. But we know that the darkest hour is when we will see the greatest light. Matthew 4:16 says “the people living in the darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death, a light has dawned.”
We are the light.
Because Jesus lives inside of us.
We will not fear.
Because Jesus has overcome the dark.
Let us be the children of the Light!
Anjie Brown earned a Bachelor of Arts from Virginia Wesleyan University and was pursuing a Master’s degree in Education at the University of Virginia, before relocating to Ithaca New York in 2011. Anjie is an Elementary School Teacher, Vineyard Kids Director, the Vice President for Women Praying for Men, and a Moms in Prayer International prayer group leader. Anjie is a full-time mother to ; Cory Alexander, II (21), Lala Brown (8), and Aiden Brown (6). She enjoys watching her oldest son, now a Junior at Old Dominion University, play baseball (“Go Monarchs!”). Anjie loves to serve the Lord through prayer groups and other church and community events.
We will have a teen panel of speakers in the morning session speaking from their heart and perspective of what its like to be a Christ follower in their world.
We will also have a “View Style” question and answer forum in the afternoon made up of a diverse group in age, backgrounds, ethnicity, and season of life. We hope to have a few moments to take some questions from the audience after this session.
- The doors will open at 8:30am for registration.
- Those pre-registered will be able to collect their gift bags, and enjoy the cafe
- We will have a simple station for drinks and snack bars
- We will have some dynamic music from Two Rivers Band from Binghampton lead by Sara Maciak
- There will be vendors, door prizes, gorgeous raffle baskets, afternoon snacks, and much more. Invite your friends. We are believing this will be a place of healing, restoration, clarity, direction, and a place of hope. As we rise together as women ready to shine Jesus’ light in our world.